Notepad ++ was first released on Source Forge as a Windows only application.it is a text editor and source editor that supports tabbed editing which allows working with multiple open files in a single window. The application is developed by Don Ho and is written in C++. Notepad ++ is distributed as free software based on Scintilla editor component. It features syntax highlighting, code folding and limited auto completion for programming, scripting and markup languages.
Features of Notepad++ 5.5.6
The application comes with a sufficiently large number of features few of which are listed below.
- The application is available in 84 languages including Afrikaans, Arabic, English, French, Russian, German, Czech, Croatian, Hindi, Tamil, Urdu, German and a variety of other languages.
- The language list also displays two special case items for ordinary plain text which tries to emulate DOS era text editors.
- It recognizes three newline representations CR, CR+LF, and LF and can convert between them on the fly. It supports reinterpreting plain text files in various character encodings.
- Another important feature of Notepad++ is that it has support for macros and plugins and has been marked for its robust plugin architecture.
- It supports internationalization through XML files in an application specific format containing a large number of internationalization strings.
- The latest version of the software can highlight the synaptic elements of Ada, Nimrod, Lua, LISP, ASP, Assembly, and a lot of others.
- The features such as lone bookmarking, auto save, guided indentation and tabbed document interface have improved editing experience in general.
How to download Notepad++ 5.5.6?
In order to download the software, click on the link given below.