Notepad++ application is required to edit the code and it is a notepad replacement. This app runs under MS Windows environment and it also supports many programming languages governed by the GPL License. It also has a powerful editing component called Scintilla that is written as C++ also combined with WIN32 api and STL that is to ensure the speed and size which needs to be high speed and small size of the program. It helps in optimising as many routine as possible ensuring that Notepad ++ reduces the world carbon dioxide emissions. As it uses less CPU power which also result in reduced consumption of power that results in more healthier and greener environment.
Release notes of Notepad++ 4.0.1
- Fix the crash issue of opening of file name length > 63.
- Fix the crash issue under w98.
- Fix the shortcut name bug in shortcut mapper.
- Fix ASP syntax highlighting problem.
- Fix 2 context menu items issue after the installation by installer.
- Enhance the NSIS language support.
How to download Notepad++ 4.0?
- Start by clicking on the download button of Notepad++ which is provided.
- Now go to the settings and allow installation from unknown sources.
- Then once the download is complete, click on the downloaded file.
- The installation will start, agree to all the terms and conditions appearing on your screen.
- Once you are done with all, tap finish to complete the process.
- And you are done.