A text editor and source code editor for use with Microsoft Windows is called Notepad++. Working with multiple open files within a single window is done by tabbed editing in notepad++. This software is distributed as free software. Don Ho developed notepad++ in September 2003. In 2011 Lifehacker described notepad++ as the best programming text editor for windows. It was written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures higher execution speed and smaller program size.
Features of Notepad++ 4.9
- Notepad++ has come up with Autosave option which will be easy and helpful for the user so that one cannot lose their information since it is saved time-to-time.
- It supports reinterpreting the plain text files in various character encodings and even converts them to ASCII.
- It provides syntax highlighting and syntax folding. It finds and replaces the strings of text with regular expressions using PCRE (PEARL COMPATIBLE REGULAR EXPRESSIONS). User defined syntax high lightening and syntax folding is also provided.
- Its GUI (Graphical User Interface) is completely customizable. It is provided with guided indentation. you can control whether tabs aligned vertically, horizontally or behind one another.
- It has a very active community behind it and is available in many languages. The editor only take up about only 4mb on your hard drive.
- You find options to control background and foreground colour, fonts, font styles, and much more. You can even create your own theme. Keyboard shortcuts are also completely available to make the editor fit for your workflow.
- Line bookmarking, macros, simultaneous editing, line operations are also some of the features of Notepad++.
How to download Notepad++?
Download the software by clicking on the link provided in the article to experience the best features of the application Notepad.